ONLINE REGISTRATION FOR EXHIBITORS IS NOW CLOSED
You can still register your exhibit at the show: The cost is $35 U.S. in advance for entry in one category; $40 U.S. in advance for entry in two categories, or $50 U.S. in advance for entry in three categories or more. These fees underwrite the cost of the awards. Entry in the Junior Level is free, but registration still is required. Entry for toy soldier or collectors exhibits also is free; no registration is required. Admission to the show for non-exhibitors is $10 for the weekend; no advance sales, pay at the door when you arrive.
TERMS TO KNOW AS AN EXHIBITOR
1. Scratchbuilt: At least 75% of a figure is sculpted by the artist; some minimal use of commercially available parts included (weapons, modified heads, hands, etc.). Basically, the figure is the artist’s original conception.
2. Major Conversion: A stock figure(s) formed the basis for the figure(s), but extensive anatomy, facial, clothing, and equipment re-sculpting was involved; approximately 50-75% original.
3. Minor Conversion: The majority (more than 50%) of the figure is stock, but some degree of re-work of the pose, facial hair, uniform, etc. was performed.
4. Ordnance: This category is for all vehicles (armor, cars, ships, planes, spacecraft).
5. Ordnance Painters: For models where you only want the construction, painting, weathering, and display judged. You can have detailing or conversion work done on a Painters entry, but it won’t be considered by judges.
6. Ordnance Open: For models for which you also want any conversion, detailing and scratchbuilding judged.
Please use the box provided on the exhibitor form to briefly detail the work you did along the lines above, and thanks!
Questions? READ MORE ABOUT THE OPEN SYSTEM: CLICK HERE